Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Getting a Prize

Getting a Prize
“…….and the winner of the junior sportsperson of the year is………. Benjamin Lambert!” said
Mr Herlihy.  Wow I can't believe it! I have won a trophy at The Glen Taylor school prize giving.
I was in Year 3, it was December 2016.


The whole school as well as parents and families were together in a big outside assembly
ready to congratulate the winners. When I heard my name I was very surprised, I almost
didn't know what to do. I had to walk up onto the stage in front of everyone and shake Mr
Herlihys hand. The junior sportsperson of the year cup was so big and my name was
engraved on the back ! I even got a medal to keep. Everybody clapped. I felt a little bit
embarrassed but also very happy.


I think the main reason I won the cup was because I had won the School cross-country
and then when I went to represent the Glen Taylor school at the inter school cross-country,
I came second place. Playing sport and doing PE is my most favourite thing to do at school.
My second favourite thing to do at school is to play sport at lunchtime.


All my family and all my friends and my teacher Miss Elena we're all so happy. Lots of people
came and gave me a hug or shook my hand to say “Well done!”  Mum took lots of photos of me
with the cup and we sent photos to my dad, my grandparents and mama so everyone could see
my big smile and my big cup.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.