Pages

Thursday 28 September 2017

The battlefield.

Bang!  the sound of war filled the battlefield. Shouting echoed through the gun firing. There was no going back! The Sound of men Crying for Help.
I was following in the steps of my lost grandad. The war went on for a week, my legs ached and I was exhausted.


I was pinned down. It gave me time to look around the battlefield. I saw my friend shot reaching for help. Barb wire was everywhere blocking my path. I had time to think. Think of my family and defending my country. It helped me build the strength to continue.

2 comments:

  1. I love the descriptive writing here Ben. I have a clear picture in my mind of the battle field and what it might have been like to be a solider at that time - nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.