Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Riverhead Forest Reserve cross-country race

On Sunday we went to Riverhead Forest reserve . it was for a cross country

race. The track of the course looked very hard and very muddy.The race was
called the Auckland XTerra series - Riverhead Forest, and it is the third race
that I have done in the series. I have also done the Waitawa race and the
Waiuku race each race is about 6 K.It takes me about 35 minutes to run this far
but if it is a hilly course it might take longer. I had a great plan to get a good
photo from the cameraman next to the  track . I did get a good photo in the
end as I fell in this massive hole right in front of the camera man. But it was
worth it in the end, see the photos below ! Next time I do my race, I'm going
to try to get a spot prize. At the races a spot prize is given out when you do
something good or you look very muddy. I was surprised that I didn't get a
spot prize at the race because I was very muddy. After that we went back
to the car . I got into a change of clean clothes and went to a great swing that
hang from a large tree in the forest. After I played on the swing, I had my a
photo taken with August my dog. August is very big and is sometimes naughty
because she  does understand us but she does not listen. August is a German
shorthaired pointer so she has spots all around her and a black nose. She loves
running like me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.