Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Setting Sail



We woke up early in the morning. Today was the day we were leaving our homes forever. We were going to try and find a new place to live. I am feeling very scared because we are leaving our family behind. I am going on a waka with my friend, Manu. Manu says he is not scared but on the inside I know he is. As we go down to the sand the early morning breeze catches the sail. It is a good day to start.

The fourth day is when our adventure starts. Our Waka breaks down because it gets struck by lightning. This makes a big hole in the waka. We start sinking fast. We jump overboard. We shout Help ! Help ! Just then another waka comes by and saves us.  We are gasping for air on the deck of the waka. I feel thankful to the people who saved us but I am now even more scared and worried because we have lost all of our stuff. I do not know how we will live when we get there…….if we get there.

I can't remember what day it is but it is a day I will always remember. Today Someone spotted land. All of us shout hooray ! I feel glad, we made it. What a relief ! It is not long though before I start worrying again. What if there are other people already living here?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Benjamin,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Wow! What a great piece of writing! You must have a great imagination to come up with that story. I particularly like where you have talked about lightening making a hole in the waka. That would have been very scary!

    Have you ever been on a boat for a long time before? I have been on a boat a few times but I get very sea sick so never stay on for very long.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ruby I have not been on a boat for a long time

      Delete
    2. Hi Ben,

      It's cool that you have been on a boat before though! How long ago was it? I wonder what sort of boat you have been on as well.

      Cheers,
      Ruby.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.